Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Day!

It was a tremendous day at Soldier Field yesterday and not just because the Bears thumped the Seahawks 35-24 (though they were up 28-0 at one point). It was also a great tailgate, both before and after the game and I got to hang out with a lot of friends. The Punke family, who sit next to me at the game, got to the lot early and saved a parking spot next to them for me. So in addition to them, I had: Benny Baseball, George Randall, E-Money, Mrs. E-Money, another friend of theirs and my buddy Tom. Tom is also a client and we had a blast. For a change at a playoff game, Benny didn't get so blitzed that he couldn't walk.....always a good thing!!

Also stopping by was Terry and Sandie, from the Memorial Day barbecue, and Skinny and his boy Ben, with whom I used to share Bears tickets until he moved to Maryland. Lots of food and drinks were consumed. Good times!

The weather cooperated too as it was around 20 without any wind. Not bad. To help take the edge off, I broke out Mr. Heater, the 28,000 BTU propane heat provider.


The shield was constructed by yours truly back in 2008. It blocks the wind and directs the heat at least a little bit so you get more of the warmth from it. It worked like a charm both before and after the tailgate.

Next week the Bears host the much hated Green Bay Packers.

Today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, the 25th anniversary of the holiday. Do yourself a favor and listen to his "I have a dream" speech on Youtube.

2 comments:

terri said...

You will never convince me that tailgating in 20 degree temps is fun. Never.

el supremo de nm said...

Hoping that LL will be with you next week and that the 'hated' Packers go down to defeat.