Monday, January 24, 2011

Time to start thinking Super Bowl!

No, the Bears are not going to the Super Bowl, but it's time to start thinking about where I'm going to be for the Super Bowl. It's a big day for me when I usually start watching TV around 11 and put in a good 10 hours. Granted, I'm not sitting in front of the TV doing nothing all that time, but it still sucks up the day pretty well.

So what to do this year? Doesn't sound like the softball team is having a fundraiser this year, so I think the day is free. The last two years we have had fundraisers, but there seems to be some uncertainty about the team organization (who plays on what teams and in what leagues) so there's nothing scheduled yet.

Do I have people over? Prior to the fundraisers, I would have a few people over and we'd enjoy the game in front of my 50' plasma screen with two other TV's in the house set up as well. Certainly an option as LL and I haven't really hosted an event yet.

Should I go to someone else's house? No invitations yet and I haven't really done this in the past except for maybe once in the last 10 years or so. While it's nice to not have to cook ALL of the food and make sure everyone's getting taken care of, often my friends don't have a good viewing situation for the game (either the TV is too small or there aren't enough seats).

So I'm leaning towards having people over and maybe having them bring a dish to share. That would be fun. We'll see. Only two weeks to plan!!!

2 comments:

ricardo said...

One vote for!

alexis said...

you know, I do miss the party-spirit that surrounds the super bowl.