Thursday, January 20, 2011

Getting cold!

First off, my entry yesterday was inspired by a conversation with Joisey Ken, for which I failed to give him credit. Thanks Ken! He actually asked the question about whether it was true that the Bears and Packers haven't played each other in the playoffs since 1941 and we were both somewhat amazed as to how that could be. I heard today that the Bears and Packers have only been in the playoffs in the same year four times. Tough for them to actually meet with only four chances.

The temperature here is dropping to -6 degrees tonight with windchills of -30. Guess who is not going outside? Yikes. Thanks Minnesota! This crap better leave before Sunday!

Work has been kind of crazy and today was no exception. Pretty much all afternoon I was either on the phone or working on a spreadsheet. As such, my interesting thoughts have been limited. Actually, that's not entirely true as I had some good topics earlier today, but LL and I shared a bottle of wine that I bought recently (92 points for only $8) and I seem to have forgotten the good topics. Hopefully I'll remember tomorrow!

2 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

And the good news is that I'm NOT in Chicago on business. Though I'm sure the wine would have been nice :)

terri said...

Minnesota has played host to these subzero temps all week. Sorry. It's your turn now!

There's good and bad with being so busy you forgot anything good to write about. I love being that busy. It feels very fulfilling. But it is frustrating when your mind suddenly goes blank when it's blog time.