Monday, January 31, 2011

Snowpocalypse

This morning I headed to Starbucks, as usual, and there were a few people in front of me in line. One of the guys was a large somewhat scary looking black man (I'm done with the African-American thing by the way. I don't want people calling me Irish American or Austrian American...just American if ethnicity is important and just white if you need to use color. I've never even been to Ireland or Austria and they probably haven't even been to Africa.) Anyway, I was thinking that I hadn't seen him at my Starbucks before and was somewhat surprised when this scary looking guy ordered a "low fat very berry muffin" and a "caramel machiato". Ha! Nobody can look tough ordering a low fat very berry muffin. It's impossible. It just cracked me up.

Of course, I laughed to myself.

We are two days away from snowpocalypse here in Chicago. It's supposed to snow starting Tuesday afternoon and keep snowing over night. We could get 18" to 24" of snow, so I'm already adjusting my schedule to be ready to be home bound for the day.

Happy Birthday to LL!!

3 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

Happy Birthday to Ll too!

Boo on snow. I'm on my way home from Seattle. Think ABQ got the first blush of this with 3 inches. That's the Chicago equivalent of 8 to 10 inches.

terri said...

If it's all the same to you, I'd prefer if you'd refer to me as being Polish/German American, please.... Eh.... never mind. White is just fine with me.

Now I'm wondering what kind of voice the tough-looking guy had. Was it deep and menacing, like you'd expect, or surprisingly mild?

Happy Birthday to LL!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Oh, Terri, he had a normal voice if not low. I could see him being intimidating with it.