Monday, November 02, 2009

Forced to go green(er)

On my way back from Starbucks this morning I saw a very strange looking bird land on the sidewalk in front of me. It's bill was much longer than it's head and it was plump, like a dove. Very odd. After looking it up online, I think it was a Curlew Sandpiper. Very interesting bird.

Went back into Starbucks this afternoon for my second cup of coffee, decaf as of late for health reasons. They gave me the refill price, 55 cents as usual, but told me they had to give me a new cup due to recent health code interpretations by some health departments. If you've gone to get coffee with me, you know I normally have them double cup my coffee due to the temperature and the flimsiness of the cups. I've always felt bad about going through two cups each day due to the waste, but I really haven't found a good travel mug and I wasn't sure they'd give me the refill price in the afternoon. Now I don't really have a choice. Tossing out FOUR cups a day would not be acceptable from a garbage standpoint. Change is forced upon Joe once again.

The rat situation in Basra has gotten out of control. Basra, if you remember, is my neighbor's front (south) yard. It's an apartment building and the owner doesn't seem to care about the rats at all. So I decided to take a video to show you what's going on.



Due to the proliferation, I've launched a new T-Rex attack. We'll so how we do against this new generation of combatants.

5 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

Wow. It's a veritable rat city! How can he not do anything. They must be crawling all over the place.

stef said...

OMG joe that is seriously disgusting. Can you call the city? That's got to be a code violation.

alexis said...

wow, that is really gross indeed!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

They really are crawling all over the place, it's pretty bad. Would the city do anything if I called them? Good question. Maybe I'll call and find out.

stef said...

Worth a try!