Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Fewer rats today than yesterday

The first night of T-Rex reinforcements in Basra was a huge success....sadly. Three T-Rex traps, three solid kills. There's never been such a successful night. Unfortunately, it means that there are probably a crap load more rats than normal, but the holes have pretty much already established that fact. So it's good and bad...though it's tough to say three dead rats is bad in anyway now that I think about it. The T-Rexes will be reloaded and out again tonight. Hopefully I can make a dent in the rat population.

Today was day one of bringing my own cup to Starbucks and being greener. By latest count, I spilled the coffee while drinking it three times. Argh. Fortunately, I missed my shirt all three times, which was good because I was headed to a client downtown.

October is over and good riddance!!! According to Tom Skilling at WGN, October was the 3rd cloudiest, 9th wettest and 11th coolest October in 139 years of official observations. Good Lord. After the lame-ass, cold summer we had and the really nasty, snowy and cold winter, 2009 is a weather year best forgotten.

4 comments:

terri said...

Glad to hear some of the rats have been taken out!

Have you looked at one of the travel mugs sold at Starbucks? Those seem to be pretty sturdy.

el supremo de nm said...

I hope you're buying me a travel cup for my trips there :)

alexis said...

are you gonna report that to the local authorities, seems like it should be really taken care of.

stef said...

for realz on the weather front. Let's not call it done yet. there's still plenty of time for it to start snowing early.