Monday, November 09, 2009

Chuck Lorre

Chuck Lorre produces some shows on CBS which I watch and have written about before. Actually, that's an interesting entry from over a year ago. He had a vanity card (which shows up at the end of the show during the credits, think "Sit ubu, sit. (Bark) Good dog.") today after The Big Bang Theory that really struck a chord for me. Here it is:

CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #111

This is the official "I have nothing worth writing about" vanity card. It will run whenever I have nothing worth writing about. Don't be surprised to see it quite a bit. From now on, when our schedule requires me to deliver a new card and I'm empty, I'll simply say, "Run one-eleven." A check of the one hundred and ten cards I've already written will quickly demonstrate that I should have written this card a long time ago. Why didn't I? Vanity. I had become vain about my vanity cards. I was determined to write a new one each week because, well... I'm just that kind of guy. But I'm older and wiser now. I know when I have nothing to say. And that knowledge is freedom. Freedom from the constant need to win your approval. And more importantly, freedom from the obsessive and relentless need to end each vanity card on a joke. Glenn Beck is sober.

I'm wondering if I should have a "I have nothing worth writing about" entry? Or maybe an "I'm to drunk to write an entry" entry? Interesting concept. Don't be surprised to see it!

4 comments:

alexis said...

what is a vanity card?

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!! Glenn Beck is a joke on his own *shudder*

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Alexis, a vanity card is a little blurb from the producer of a show that usually shows up after the credits run. Letterman puts up "world wide pants", the name of his production group and most do something similar. Lorre decided to change it up every week, which is much more fun.

el supremo de nm said...

I suspect the reason will be much more the later than the former.