Friday, August 07, 2009

What's going on?

Sometimes I seriously wonder what people are thinking. Young people without a lick of common sense. Maybe it's just that I'm older and know better now.....I don't know. Maybe I'm just dead wrong. Who knows? Clearly I don't.

Two incidents caused me consternation recently. One person I know got their lower lip pierced. Yikes. Not only does it seem really uncomfortable and impractical, but they also have to take the stud out at work and put in a clear one as piercings are not allowed there. Now I'm not sure what they have in there outside of work, but it just seems like not the best decision.

Another person I know just got married, at 23, at city hall, without a full time job and their spouse is on health leave for work. They've been dating for less than a year. Right after they started dating, this person told me they'd be married within a year. Who says that? And then does it?

I don't know. I just don't know what some people are thinking.

3 comments:

Stef said...

ya old coot!

el supremo de nm said...

Ya young coot! This stuff has been goin' on fer ever. Damn kids with tattoos all over their body. What they thinkin' of.

alexis said...

I don't like the idea of any kind of piercing where I don't want an infection.