Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Busy Wednesday

My day Wednesday is going to be very busy starting with a breakfast meeting and ending with a networking wine/dinner event.

So only one story to relate today. The other week DirecTv sent me a coupon for a free movie for having been such a loyal customer (about a decade I figure). Not much, but it's something. So LL and I selected a movie that DirecTv was offering, The International I believe. Then all I had to do was to send the coupon into them with the movie I want credited. Fine. My bill came the other day: charge for $5.99, credit for $4.99. What? Why am I being charged a buck? Time to get on the horn and call up DirecTv.

Turns out that we watched the movie in high definition and the coupon was only good for a standard definition movie. Really? WTF? That's unbelievable. Needless to say I told the customer service person more than she wanted to hear about how ridiculous that policy was and about "small print" and lack of loyalty to the customer. I definitely got my dollar's worth.

4 comments:

terri said...

That was definitely a shady practice on the part of Direct TV and they deserved to hear you rant!

el supremo de nm said...

Time to move to cable (which is equally shitty).

stef said...

Lame! Did you get your $1 back? or just the satisfaction of laying into the cs person?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Can you believe they wouldn't give me the dollar?? Unbelievable.