Wednesday, August 12, 2009

August Birthdays

Birthdays are not evenly distributed throughout the year. More birthdays fall in August than any other month. Why? Count back 9 months. Couples are getting busy during the cold holidays. Good for them. The other day I heard this discussion and then today I saw on my Facebook page this long list of people I have friended on FB who have birthdays coming up. Wow. It's like seven people between now and Friday.

Yesterday I was also reading Stef's blog about her pregnancy and it made me think about all of the 7-9 month pregnant women I've seen around town in the summer who are just absolutely miserable because of the heat. If they are miserable, I'm betting their husbands are pretty miserable too. Me thinks I'll take extra precautions during the holidays when looking to have a kid.

4 comments:

alexis said...

is there discussion over having a kiddo with the LL???

terri said...

I was born November 12th. I guess my mom gave my dad a little gift around Valentine's Day that year! ;-)

I wonder how many birthdays fall in early November. I'll bet there's a higher than average number there too.

Stef said...

I'm sure your future spouse will be very thankful! ;)

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Oh no Alexis, no discussion of children. Way too soon for that.

I'd tend to agree Terri. I bet there's a V-Day bump in November.