Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Blueberry excess

To continue my recent theme of excess, today I ran across 2 pounds of blueberries on sale for $3 or $4, can't remember which, but it was a good deal. So now I have 2 pounds of blueberries to eat!! Let's figure out how:

1. on my cereal. Plenty of use here if the milk I froze ever defrosts (not going to happen at it's current pace).
2. make smoothies. I like this idea, but I need your smoothie recipes and they need to include blueberries of course.
3. though I like blueberry pancakes, I don't remember the last time I made them. Any other uses that you can think of?

Another 8 hours of sleep last night helped me feel much better today. I didn't even take any Benadryl and slept just fine. We had the playoffs in softball for our league night tonight and it was clear that I was still a bit fatigued as my bat speed was pretty slow. That said, I was able to knock in two runs that put us up by 5 in the last inning of the first game. We gave up four runs that inning to win by one. The next game we weren't so lucky and lost to frequent opponent, Amish Mafia, also in the last inning. We finished third in the league and third in the playoffs, which wasn't bad at all.

A few days off and more rest will be very much welcomed!!

1 comment:

el supremo de nm said...

Just a bowl of blueberries with a little half and half and a sprinkle of sugar - my way of getting though those two pounders.