Friday, August 28, 2009

Just a working man on Friday

Though I don't work 40 hours a week usually, I find myself being fairly busy when I'm trying to plan dinners and golf outings. July, if you recall, was ridiculous with travel and such. Ricardo and I couldn't get together with our significant others any night in August at all!

Why is a semi-retired guy so busy?

Softball of course is partially the answer. One night a week and then at least every other weekend rules out four days out of seven. With Monday, Wednesday and Thursday though, I should still have availability to plan dinners and things. The truth is people avoid Monday's as a going out night so I'm really down to two nights. Thursdays can be taken up with golf (with Bill the Bear and Smitty) and the periodic preseason Bears game. Throw in a fantasy football draft, Cubs game, Sox game, dinner reservations with LL and there aren't many free days left!

At least it isn't always work taking up my time though. Today however, I spent most of the day at the office. Fortunately that's not common. :-)

3 comments:

terri said...

Gosh... you have SUCH a tough life! ;-)

stef said...

Terri took the words right outta my mouth.

el supremo de nm said...

Yes we all cry for you LVC :)