Sunday, August 16, 2009

Another poor softball weekend

It was another lousy softball weekend for the Brewdogs. We were down a few people, but mostly just booted the ball around the field and then hit like wussies. Not good. That's three 0-2 tournaments in a row. We need to get our shit together.

On Monday, I'm golfing in the Chicago Youth Programs charity outing in the burbs at a course called Ruffled Feathers. Good fun. Contractor Mark (with whom I did some work at Morningstar) is sponsoring the foursome.

On Tuesday, it's another golf outing, this time with principal Chris. We're going to the Quad cities, or near them at least, to play the TPC at Deere Run. Nice course and it should be fun. Apparently the last time he and I hooked up for this trip might have been August of 2006, just before I started my blog. Since a search of my blog returned no references to the course, I must not have gone the last two years. So I'll provide a bunch of photos!!

Thursday I get my new carpeting! Finally!! Two years since the flood that caused me to tear it all up.

Friday is another charity golf outing, this time it's mine though: Family Rescue. Very excited to defend my foursome's six consecutive championships. Here's to number seven!!!

And speaking of golf, Tiger Woods lost his first major tournament after leading or co-leading after 54 holes. He had a two stroke lead to start the day and ended up losing by three strokes, though once Yang, the winner, birdied 18 to go up two, Tiger couldn't tie and missed his putt to go down by three. The shot of the day for Yang was an eagle chip-in on the par four 14th to take a one stroke lead over Tiger, which he nursed until expanding it on the 18th.

Let's hope the weather holds up!!!

4 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

Can't wait to see the carpeting

terri said...

That's a lot of golf, all in one week. I'm sure you're not complaining!

stef said...

Hope you didn't get too wet today! ;)

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

We just missed the rain stef! It started a bit on 18 and then came down harder after we were inside drinking. Nice.

No complaints from me Terri! Though I will miss softball on Tuesday...boooo.