Monday, August 10, 2009

Resolution?

This morning I was awakened by a call from my mechanic (Dave) asking what was wrong with my car...other than the fact that it won't start. Well, that's kind of why I dropped it off Dave. But he was great to take the car in and check it out. Turns out, with 98% certainty, the battery was completely shot. He tested the alternator and it was fine, better than fine actually so he was pretty sure that it was just the battery. The battery I had is still under warranty, so I may take it back and have them put another one in just out of spite.

For dinner tonight I made sockeye salmon (coated with some olive oil and pepper), zucchini and yellow squash pan seared also in olive oil and pepper and some rice pilaf. For dessert we had caramelized plantains over ice cream. Yum. The plantain was really, really ripe and it made the difference in the dish. LL brought over a nice bottle of wine (La Crema 2007 pinot noir) to enjoy with dinner. By all accounts the meal was a big success.

This morning I dug four or five boxes out of a bin behind Starbucks and reassembled them at home. I need to start packing stuff up downstairs so it can be moved easily when they install the carpeting next week. After I put everything back,LL will be able to use the boxes when she moves into a new apartment at the end of the month!

4 comments:

alexis said...

a new apt, but not your's??

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Yep, a new apartment but not mine. She'll be about a block away. It's too early to be moving in together anyway!!

el supremo de nm said...

Great news about LL's apartment.

And look at you Mr. Foodie!

stef said...

now i want rice pilaf...