Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cubs Skybox

Tonight I was able to attend the Cubs game against Philly (we lost) and got to sit in a skybox. Though I live about six blocks away from Wrigley, I've never watched a game from a skybox there. I've sat right behind home plate in the first row and across the street on a rooftop and just about everywhere in between, but never a skybox.

In fact, I've sat in skyboxes in five stadiums here in Chicago, including two that have been torn down! That list includes: Soldier Field (Bears), Comiskey Park (Sox) and US Cellular Field (Sox), The Chicago Stadium (Black Hawks) and The United Center (Black Hawks). Now I can finally add Wrigley to the list. Oddly enough, my cell phone wouldn't get reception there. If I went down the ramp to the bathroom, I would again get reception. Guess it should be AT&T Field, then I'd get reception in some of the most expensive seats in the place.

Had a 7:00 a.m. meeting at the church this morning and I'm feeling it now. Time for bed!!

5 comments:

alexis said...

which was your favorite box?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Excellent question Alexis. Wrigley's are much smaller than the others. The others are pretty similar. You miss the fan interaction with all of them. Maybe The United Center's boxes are the best of the bunch. Lower than the others means closer to the action and easier access from the street.

Stef said...

So what is the appeal of the skybox experience then?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Free food, free drinks, awesome desert cart to choose from and the seats are decent enough. Most skyboxes have bathrooms in the suite as well.

el supremo de nm said...

The bathrooms alone would be a big plus.