Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Feeling even better today

Another good night's sleep last night has put me most of the way down the path to recovery. Feeling much, much better.

Since half of the gallon of milk I bought is STILL frozen (the shit won't thaw!!), I bought a small container of milk today to get my cereal fix on and use some of those blueberries. Yum!! Thanks for the smoothie recipes. After a trip to the grocery store, I'm going to try some!

On a completely unrelated note, my right shoulder is hurting again. As warned by a few people, the cortisone shot seems to have warn off. It's a bit better (doesn't hurt AS much) but it's still uncomfortable to throw and I don't have the same pop on them. With our big world series events coming up, I contacted my doctor about options. As of now, we're going to go with getting an MRI to see if there is something torn or other structural damage to the shoulder. What happens next could be any number of things: another cortisone shot, possibly a specific rehab exercise or surgery. The latter option wouldn't happen until February, after the Bears season is over. Can you imagine me at a Bears game in 10 degree weather with a sling? My arm would fall off!!! Plus I couldn't work the grill effectively and more than one drunk seat neighbor would definitely high-five me at some point.

So something shoulder related is in my future.....so I got that going for me, which is nice.

1 comment:

Stef said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed it's nothing major on the shoulder front.