Monday, August 03, 2009

Drug induced sleep

After four softball games in southern Illinois heat (though it wasn't too humid) and a five hour drive home yesterday, today was going to be of marginal productivity at best. It failed to live up to even those low standards however.

When I went to bed last night, around midnight since I didn't get home until after 10, I opted to help my cold-like symptoms with some Benadryl.....or nectar of the gods, but in pill form. It worked great for the prescribed 4-6 hours, five hours to be exact. So I woke up around 5:20 and couldn't breathe real well again. Do I take another dose and sleep for another five hours potentially or do I try and fall back asleep on my own? After trying the latter, I opted for the farmer and as predicted, slept until 10:30. Ten hours of drug induced sleep. Wow. For the record, 5:00 p.m. comes around real quick if you don't get showered and have coffee until 11. It also makes it tough to have lunch at noon.

As a result, I'm feeling a bit better, no doubt and am looking forward to another lengthy sleepfest tonight. Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel almost 100%, but we'll see.

Things I'm thankful for:
#128 those who created Benadryl. Thank you!!!

3 comments:

alexis said...

ugh, being sick definitely sucks! I try not to take my health for granted for we are truly lucky to be living in times when such magical elixers as benadryl exist.

terri said...

I hope you are feeling better soon! But while you're still under the weather, Benadryl is definitely the way to go!

stef said...

sleep and benadryl are a good combo for wellness.