Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Freezing in Chicago

During the Bears home games, Amy Freeze, the weather hottie from Fox, actually sits in a chair on the west side of the stadium down on the sidelines by the stands. I'm not entirely sure why she needs to sit there all game, but the next home game I'm going to go over and say hi. Get ready Amy!!!

The temperature also took a drastic swing into the low 60's and upper 50's recently. I'd love to blame the weather for the Cubs horrible defeat tonight, but they were playing the team from L.A.! Ugh. How can your starting pitcher walk 7 and expect to win? At the start of the fateful fifth inning, I yelled at the bar that the bullpen should be up and throwing. It wasn't. AFTER Dempster walked two guys, then Lou got someone up. Unfortunately he didn't bring that person in until AFTER the grand slam and subsequent double. I was calling for either reliever after the second walk that inning. It seemed pretty obvious to me.

The cold weather seemed to help my golf game a bit. I played Glencoe Golf Club on Tuesday and was at par through 14 holes (two double bogeys and four birdies). Unfortunately I was four over on the last four holes. Booo.

Looks like I'm heading to Detroit for the Bears and Lions game this weekend!! Should be fun!!

3 comments:

alexis said...

great year for chicago sports!

Anonymous said...

I hear ominous music starting to grow behind Wrigley Field.

stef said...

have fun in detroit! The cubs will come back. I am counting on a chicago series!