Thursday, October 09, 2008

The insanity continues

Someone finally took action on this long time problem. My solution was a breathalyzer like they have in some cars where you need to blow before the car will start. Their idea is probably a little more practical.

The stock market is just absolutely insane currently. I probably don't have to tell you that, but I will confirm it. Since Tuesday morning the Dow has gone from 10,000 to 8,000 Friday morning. That's just retarded. There's no economic justification for an additional 20% drop in less than a week!! Good Lord. For the record, I'm looking for some higher dividend paying stocks to move into on the cheap. I think this is one of those rare buying opportunities that comes around once every 20 years or so.

Here's a great video from my old employer, Morningstar, to explain some things going on in the market.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While not "rational" panics are totally normal investment behavior and have been for centuries (I'm sure you all remember the famous Tulip Bulb Bubble and Panic of the late 17th Century). When the mob moves, logic runs out the door. Just stand by the side, stay calm, and wait for the bull to finally run out of energy and for things to stabilize.