Sunday, October 05, 2008

Bearsssssssssss!!!!!

A nice weekend in Detroit? Absolutely! The Bears traveled to Detroit and I followed, along with Benny Baseball and Suge Knight, though I actually didn't hook up with Suge...or Gangster Larry who was also in town for the weekend. Good fun none-the-less and the Bears put a lickin' on the Lions.

I have to tell you, the Lions fans around me were pretty unhappy with the team, management and future prospects. I'm pretty critical of the Bears and their management, but at least we have some positive things going on (including what might be a turnaround in Orton's play). We should have two more wins before our bye week would put us at 5-2. Not terrible. The Vikings game will be a big tester. Joisey Ken was going to come out for that weekend like he's done the last two years, but he is in a wedding on that Sunday so he can't make it.

On a completely different note, what the hell is up with me and important forms of I.D.?? My credit card number was stolen on line just a few weeks ago. Now I'm in Detroit of all places and I leave my ATM card in the machine after making a withdrawal. Son-of-a-bitch. So I had to cancel THAT card too and they'll be sending me a new one. Still, mildly annoying.

4 comments:

alexis said...

how was your credit card #nr on line stolen? That's terrible!

Anonymous said...

You were probably so giddy with Bear happiness that you didn't even notice you left the card.

How come no Cubs post?

stef said...

concentrate on the POSITIVE dad!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Not to worry el supremo, a cubs entry is on its way.

Pictures of the "pillow library" are coming too!! You read my mind stef. Actually pictures of the room are coming as well.

Alexis, I ordered something off the tv by going to their website and some hacker must have determined how they can steal numbers from that company before the order gets processed. Turned out to not be a huge deal though. Just a minor annoyance.