Saturday, October 25, 2008

A little Beatles is good for everyone

An interesting weekend on the horizon for me. No softball. No travel. No dates (to my knowledge). Whatever will I do? I'm telling ya, I've been doing all sorts of shit around my condo this week....I think, at least in part, because of the imminent onset of winter. If I'm going to be inside all winter, it better be to my liking!! Here's my list of projects:

Condo Projects

Patch cement floor hole
Re-Carpet basement
Storm door for downstairs
Build-up water stop
Get new door for downstairs
New sofa cushions
Investigate water pressure and hot water enhancer
Bathroom ceiling fan (master bath)
Repair water damaged ceiling
New door for storage area

I've already started on the sofa cushions and they should be done by Wednesday. My sofa is 5 1/2 years old and the foam padding is not what it once was. This guy around the corner has had his furniture refurbishing store for 20 years and I've never even set foot in the place. He's Chinese and seems really nice.

A good chunk of the other work is going to be done by Manual Labor Mike once he finishes the bathroom....if he finishes the bathroom.

Went to see dejesus freak play with his Beatles ensemble at The Hidden Cove, 5500 north Lincoln. Holy crap is that a ways away. As I past Peterson, I wondered if I had missed it. But no, I was on track. DJF looked to be having fun, but it was hard to determine on most of the songs, which of the sounds he was producing as there are about 17 people in the band and at least 10 of them are guitars (djf plays bass). But they sounded pretty good and the evening was fun! We had a few beers afterwards and checked out the skirts in the crowd. It's the same old axiom: if you want to get hot chicks, join a band. Some things never change.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assuming Manual Labor Mike is doing all this you expect it done by January...2010.

stef said...

That is certainly how i get the hot chicks