Wednesday, October 08, 2008

866-4-Hebrew

Heard a radio commercial asking American Jews to learn Hebrew this year. Call 866-4-Hebrew to get started. Really, learn Hebrew in a year? Maybe you could START learning, but I'm not thinking learning Hebrew in a year is very possible, no matter how many dreidels you've played with as a kid.

As we approach cold and flu season, I want to implore you to remember that that anti-biotics (like penicillin and amoxicillin) fight bacteria. They don't work on viruses, colds, most sore throats, runny noses, or the flu. Don't waste your time or help create drug resistant bacteria by taking these medications unnecessarily.

Do you remember Kristy McNichol? There was a street in Detroit called McNichol which made me think of her. She was in the show Family and in a bunch of movies. It's save to say that I thought she was adorable! Based on her Wiki entry, it looks like she suffered from bipolar disorder in the early to mid 90's and dropped out of making films. She's 46 now....I wonder if she's single......

2 comments:

alexis said...

I depend on symptom-depressing drugs rather for all my needs! Hurray for OTC.

stef said...

Bi-polar has-been? Sounds like a winner to me!