Thursday, August 16, 2007

Too busy to date??

So I'm a single guy living in Chi-Town and I'm looking for a nice woman to date, that much is pretty obvious to just about everyone who reads my blog regularly....though I do try to keep mentions of dates out of the blog. That said, since before August, I've had virtually no free time in the evenings to HAVE any dates even if they should pop up. How disturbing is that?

For instance, one friend wants to set me up with her co-worker. Fine, I appreciate the thought. But I can't even meet this woman for another 10 days at a minimum! That's not right. Another woman that I met on eHarmony and I haven't been able to work out our schedule since before August and I'm not sure I'll be able to make it work before Labor Day. Something is going to have to give. If I'm out there doing all this work trying to meet someone, why bother if I don't have time to actually go on a date. Ugh. Well, at least most of the stuff are fun things, but seriously, I need an 8th day in the week.

5 comments:

alexis said...

yes, you'll have to cut back on all the drinking and sports to find time for dating I'm afraid. Or try to combine them: drunken baseball date.

Ken said...

A friend once asked me if I'm single because I work too much, or,do I work too much because I'm single?? You just have to take out the word work,and insert play :)) Think about it.

stef said...

hee hee hee. That is too funny! I was just thinking I have a co-worker I'd like to introduce you to as well. I guess you'll have to let me know when your schedule will allow it! ;)

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

That's the ultimate date Alexis! I fear it doesn't work well in real life though.

Ken!! That's it! I'm single because I play too much. No, I play too much because I'm single. The chicken or the egg.

Stef, there's no bigger compliment in my mind than to try to set me up with someone you know. That's very kind. :-)

Anonymous said...

So let's see if we can deduce the logic here. You want to date but you can't because you're working too...oops you don't work...playing too much.

So maybe you just think you want to date or feel you should but in reality don't want to since you actually have increased the amount of playing you do.