Friday, August 31, 2007

Soo many topics, so little time!!

Seriously, my list of blog topics is growing exponentially!

First, Owen Wilson. Last I heard, the dude slit his wrists in a failed suicide attempt. His body of work is outstanding and I think he's one of the few people that I would actually pay $10 to see in a movie. Just a shame.

Lance Briggs. He's a linebacker for the Bears and said he was never going to play for the Bears again and yadda, yadda, yadda. They gave him $7.2million for one year and he showed up for camp. He was looking for about three times that in guaranteed money over four years or so. Anyway, the reason he's a topic again is that he drove his $350,000 Lamborghini into a light pole at 3 a.m. People are asking if he was drunk, was he driving, all sorts of questions. My interest is in the concept of just bailing on an accident if no one else is involved. If you're drunk and crash your car into a wall, get the hell out of there!! That's what Lance did, if he was drunk that is. He didn't meet with the police for 8 hours. 8 hours!!! Guess who was definitely sober by then? Guess who also could be sober by then? You. Hit and run is bad, so don't do it if you involve someone else, but it seems like a huge loophole in the law if no one else is involved.

Went to the Bears pre-season game with Naperville Greg and Kleveland Kim and a guest on Thursday. KK helped me prepare and shop (since I have no one else to help me) and it was a huge success. Four or five other folks stopped by and we tailgated afterwards with The Boyz (Darwin, Jason and Gar). Here are some pics:





Gar, Jason, Darwin, Jennifer (D's wife) and KK.













Almost forgot to take a group shot after cleaning up my tailgate and getting ready to go into the game!! Notice the setting sun and bag-o-garbage.








Finally for today (I have much more to write about, but not today), Manual Labor Mike has finished painting my living room so I thought I'd put up some before and after pictures.

So, before:




Yes, I had chosen this yellow color and did the painting. The white around the bottom is where the baseboard was torn up.












Note the distinctive lack of color around the fireplace and on the other wall. Goes well with the brick no? Thirteen years it's been that way. Really!!





And the after:





The flat wall looks a bit more yellow here than it really is. It's a lighter tan color. The red is very rich looking and it took three coats of paint to cover the wall with it (including a gray primer)! That's four coats of paint. Yikes.










The fireplace surrounded also in red. I'm really happy!! MLM did a great job.







Have a great Labor Day weekend everyone!!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good, Joe!

Just curious, though -- does your camera have the ability to zoom? It seems that everytime you take a group shot, it's hard to make anyone out. If your camera can't zoom, usually you can crop and blow up pictures with your software.

Anyway, good luck this weekend!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Yeah, I try to get the back drop involved and some people aren't absolutely nuts about having their picture posted anyway. If you click on the picture though, you should be able to zoom in or at least it should blow up to the entire screen.

Thanks for the well wishes!!

Anonymous said...

Ah, I was blind, but now I see!

alexis said...

wow, the flat looks goooood Joe! Nice work.