Thursday, August 09, 2007

Sunday and Monday, the final days.

Sunday brought another beautiful day and another day of golfing. Just look at these scenes of the course we played, Woodloch Springs:




Just a beautiful dog-leg right hole. Look at those trees and that sky. Not one green was even close to being flat. Putts were sailing all over the place. You were always putting up or down or across a hill.









Looking across a hole or two. Just great.













What a pretty hole and gorgeous morning!!
















Here are the guys! Me, Frank, Joisey Ken and Captain Jeff. Took this picture with the timer feature. Not bad.







Fortunately my thumb injury did not impact my swing at all. That was one of two things that raced through my head while I had the hook in there. First was that if I just ripped the hook out, I might snag something and then not be able to throw a softball.

Sunday afternoon brought more boating, more jet skiing and more of Joe looking like a white Michael Jackson (I know some of you will be surprised that MJ isn't already white). I was actually allowed to drive the pontoon boat, which gave Captain Jeff a break. If I must say so myself, I did a great job through the many, many wakes generated by the other boats and jet skis. Maybe next time I'm up north, my pop will let me drive the boat. It's like I'm still 12!




Monday morning the weather turned cloudy and it was time to return the boat. Ken, Mark and me, again with the timer function on my camera.








Ken drove me Newark and the trip home on Monday was pretty easy. Next time, I'll try booking a flight into Newark and out of Scranton, which is a lot closer to the lake house.

A few last things: we lit fireworks every night, very cool. And then Monday morning Hoboken Dawn made pancakes with fresh blueberries. How awesome is that?

Some of the people staying there tried to convince me that the new Halloween movie coming out was Halloween 3. I tried to tell them that it was already made (years ago) and several additional sequels as well. Here's the list:
Halloween (1978)

Halloween II (1981)

Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982) This is the one with the mask with a chip in it.

Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (1988)

Halloween 5 (1989)

Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (1995)

There may have even been another one since then.

4 comments:

alexis said...

nothin' but blue skies. Too bad you had to do all that golfing, otherwise it would be a perfect day.

:D

Anonymous said...

Hallowen H20: twenty years later,
Halloween: Resurrection,
Rob Zombies Halloween and who could forget...."Freddy Vs. Jason...that is all

Ken said...

Joe was a good sport...He didnt even get mad when everyone was taking pictures of his thumb with the hook in it(pix to follow:) You could even hear Joe humming M.J songs as he went flying by on the Sea Doo!!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

C'mon now Alexis! Play nice. :-)

Thanks Bee. You DO still read!

I forgot about that bastard Mark running to the pontoon boat, not to get help or pliers or anything useful, but to get his camera to take a picture. In his defense, I think he thought I'd get the hook out quickly.

"Billie Jean's at my door....."