Monday, June 06, 2011

Production is the word of the day

Things have been very busy....so busy that I absolutely HAVE to write down what I need to accomplish in a day or I can pretty much forget about it. For instance today I didn't add "call two of my clients" and so I forgot to call them. It's all good though as I am being productive with work, the wedding and generally with life.

Regarding the latter, I was able to go to the gym and had my best workout since getting a pinched nerve the first week of April. I was also able to get the car washed and cleaned out...it's been a while. Though it didn't happen due to a long wait, I tried to get the oil changed as well. It was a pretty productive day that ended with me going to Whole Foods for some shrimp that I used to make some shrimp scampi for dinner. It turned out pretty well, but could have been better. It was my first time trying to make it though, so I expect better results in the future.

Oh, a follow up to Saturday. A huge storm front came through just after our last game ended. In fact, the rest of the tournament was pushed until Sunday due to the ferocity of the storm. As I drove home at a brisk clip of 20 m.p.h. through the torrential downpour, I decided discretion was the better part of valor and pulled off the road into a McDonald's. The owner, dressed in street clothes, said, "You must be REALLY hungry to come out in this!" Nope, it's just my oasis for the moment I responded. About 20 minutes later the storm had passed and it was easy driving the rest of the way. It was pitch black and the rain was coming in waves for close to an hour, but it took me 20+ minutes to go the mile or two to the McDonald's.

Tomorrow: Rude things I do.

3 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

There has been many a time when I've thought "you must be nuts to keep going in this stuff" when it rains hard like that.

Shrimp - hard to do. You need a very light had with the cooking or they get tough quick.

terri said...

I hate driving in rain, especially when it's coming down so hard.

Busy is good. Beats the alternative.

Can't wait for "rude things I do."

alexis said...

the crazy weather of the midwest never ceases to amaze me. Those storms sound brutal! I was really grateful we were able to miss them during our trip.