Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Great idea....already taken

The day started off a little odd as I woke up at 5:50 to hit the bathroom and then decided to stay up. My day is basically 90 minutes longer than normal and it was going swimmingly until the "reaction" to my "action" hit. By being up and working on the computer while having the television on and a lamp, the load on the circuit breaker was too much as LL dried her hair and it tripped. Ugh. Of course I was right in the middle of writing probably the most important email I've sent in two weeks, but isn't that the way?

Fortunately I'm not the first person to have this happen to them and both the browser and the website (my email) had saved the draft and I was able to pick up exactly where I left off after the system rebooted. Whew.

So here's a question: you know someone who is getting married (possibly like moi), and you want to buy them a gift. How do you know where the registered? The store possibilities seem nearly endless: Macys, Sears, JCPenney, Target, C&B, Pottery Barn, Younkers, Bloomingdales, Lord and Taylor, Dillards, Kohls, Von Maur, Carsons, just to name a few. Is there a need that needs filling in the marketplace? Some sort of repository of where couples have registered?

Turns out that the need is already filled and filled very well in fact. If you go to The Wedding Channel and type in either party's name to a wedding, up pops the stores in which they are registered. Well done, but there goes my million dollar idea.

3 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

Ah you didn't need the million anyway and you probably wouldn't have gotten up early enough to make a reality of it anyway.

alexis said...

but you still have to let people know somehow that you the married couple has put this all down on the wedding channel (okay, and that is totally terrifying that this exists) site. Still opportunity for million dollar idea!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Actually you don't Alexis! The site pulls it's data from the stores. We didn't register with TWC, but they have our info. I don't remember signing anything saying it was ok to share my information in fact.....