Monday, February 22, 2010

A work day

Today was a work day where El Supremo De New Mexico (ESDNM) was in town and we called on all three of my clients. It was a good day, but tiring.

If our men's curling team loses to China, the match is going on as I write this, we should deport the entire U.S. team. That's ridiculous. In ALL OF CHINA, there are fewer than 200 curlers. If we can't beat them, we should stop sending a team. I'm also thinking about burning John Shuster in effigy, so don't be surprised if you see something like that outside my condo.

At the end of the day, ESDNM graciously offered to cook dinner for LL and myself! I happily took him up on the deal and we went shopping at Whole Paycheck for ingredients. It was kind of comical because he would ask me if I had something and invariably I did not.
"Do you have onions?"
"Nope."
"Carrots?"
"Nope."
"Garlic?"
"Nope."
"Rice?"
"Yes! I have rice."
"Thyme?"
"Nope."
"Dijon mustard?"
"Maybe....I can't remember."

Too his credit, ESDNM didn't lose his patience. When I cook, I go buy what I need for that meal, and that's pretty much it. I won't use those ingredients again usually, if there's extra, before they go bad. Such is the life of a non-foodie! What we ended up having was delicious though! Not that I can describe it too well, but there were rice and carrots flavored with a seafood stock broth. Nice. Bay scallops with shrimp, clams and mushrooms in a cream sauce. Yum. Then we had some baked asparagus. Good eating.

1 comment:

terri said...

De-I cooked for you? LUCKY!

(You know you're supposed to post pictures of his food, right? Where are the pictures?)