Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My own Christmas card contest results.....

....are on their way. Today, I really thought I was going to be able to get to them, but I just didn't have time. I received some nice cards this year, so the decision won't be easy.

My physical therapy (PT) is going well by the way. It's been a while since I updated you on my progress. Today I started doing push-ups off of a bar that's about 3' off the ground. Up until now I've only been able to do push-ups off a wall in front of me. As an intermediary step, I put an exercise ball between me and the wall and did the push-ups off of the ball. The killer for me still is putting the back of my hand on my back and going up towards my head. By the end of the exercise I can do it a bit, but it hurts just to start the exercise which I have to do 10 times and hold it for 10 seconds. Ugh.

Ideally, March will be a big improvement month for my PT. I'm hoping that I'll be able to start lifting weights in the early part of the month and do some cardio as well. To warm up my shoulder now at PT, instead of heat, I have to spend 10 minutes on the arm bike, which is exactly what it sounds like. Since I can do that movement, I should be able to do the Elliptical machine. Working out was a big part of my life before my surgery and I'm looking forward to getting back into it!

2 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

I'm hoping we can get you on the field for a couple of good weeks and then trade you for a really young hot prospect before the competitors find you're just another Willie Mays at the end of his career.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I can only wish to have his skillz, even at the end of his career!! I'm more like Dave Kingman at the end of HIS career.