Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Is it warming up?

In short, no, it's not. We're mired in the upper 20's and low 30's, just as we should be in mid-February. But man, I wish it would get warmer. This winter has been mild, but I still want spring and then summer to get here. Two things have attributed to that feeling I think: first, my therapist today gave me "10 throwing" exercises. Yes!! I don't actually throw in any of them, but we're going to be focusing more on those muscles I need to throw, not just to have healthy shoulder movement. So that got me thinking about softball and the summer as well. And second, pitchers and catchers are reporting to their teams this week which means the start of the baseball season; a sure sign of spring. Ahhh, soon.

Today I had a 7 a.m. meeting at the church, which meant a 6 a.m. wake-up call. The meetings are fine and worthwhile, but boy is that early to have a meeting. When I got home, I tried to take a quick nap, but it didn't work, so I've been screwed up the rest of the day. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up on my sleep tonight.

1 comment:

terri said...

I'm getting that same feeling about Spring getting closer every day. And I don't doubt there's a lot of winter left yet, but it's been nice to leave work at 5:00 and not have to walk in the dark to my car.