Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Whose chicken to make chicken?

Another beautiful day in Chicago led me to both hit the driving range and to decide to grill out while the weather was still good. But what to grill? For some reason I really wanted to grill some barbecue chicken. The crazy thing about that: I've never grilled barbecue chicken. Sure, I've grilled boneless chicken breasts, but never legs and thighs and pieces with bone in them. So why not try it today?

First, I looked up on the interwebs how I needed to prep and what temperature and any miscellaneous tips. The site I ended up on recommended a rub that was not very different from the rub I use on my ribs, so I just used that recipe, cooked them on the grill for about 30+ minutes and applying sauce for the last 10-15 minutes or so. The chicken turned out delicious!!! LL couldn't have been happier.

A little note about tomorrow: I'm probably going to miss my Wednesday blog entry as tomorrow is our 3 year dating anniversary! Yep, three years ago tomorrow, we met for coffee and then went to brunch (it was a Sunday). Almost two years later we were engaged and were married within the year after that. Yay us!!

3 comments:

alexis said...

oh man this is good timing. I am planning to attempt my first ever roast chicken. I ain't chicken to make chicken!

terri said...

My dad always made chicken on the grill that way when I was growing up. It is one of the few ways to prepare chicken that is just instinctive for me.

Congrats on your 3 year anniversary! Whatever you do to celebrate, have fun!

el supremo de nm said...

Oddly enough the Wife and I have not a clue what day we had our first date :(

Of course we don't remember much of anything else these days either :)

Keep on cooking man!