Friday, November 18, 2011

Here it is!!

Whoa! I haven't made an entry since Tuesday....well, I guess that's just two missed days, but it's unacceptable. The culprit? Wine......and my lovely wife. Sometimes it's just tough to get to the computer or better that you don't after a certain time and/or amount of wine!

Fun weekend coming up with the Bears playing at home again and Ricardo and Jodi joining us for the game. It'll be another 11-8 tailgating day and should be good fun with our usual suspects as well.

Saturday night is a birthday party for a buddy of mine with whom I used to work, but on the way we're going to hang out with Smitty and Beth for a bit since they live on the way to the party.

And now, for those of you who waited, you get a special treat! Here's me singing "I want to grow old with you" to LL as a surprise instead of our first dance. The video is a little dark, but the sound is pretty good. Naperville Greg is on guitar and is strumming as LL and I walk up to the front of the room, that's where the video starts. Ricardo and Joisey Ken are off to the sides, but I don't think you can see them. Also when I start talking I say, "You're probably wondering why someone who has already broken down twice would grab the microphone." I was making reference to the fact that my voice broke up both during our vows and during my welcome "speech", not my finer public speaking moments, but obviously this was a little more emotional than relaying financial information to a company!

My last note is a reminder that I was seriously physically ill leading up to this scene. I couldn't eat, I was sweating up a STORM and had the chills. There was a huge question as to whether or not I was even going to be able to stay for the reception much less attempt to sing.


4 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

You are SUCH an incurable romantic :)

terri said...

Awwwwww.... that brought tears to my eyes! You sounded better than Robbie Hart!

alexis said...

thank you for sharing! That is so unbelievably sweet. You and LL are both lucky to have each other :)

Bee said...

I haven't been stunned by much...but that was beautiful and sweet and so totally unexpected...very nice Mr. Sutton, very nice.