Monday, November 14, 2011

Bears Victory Monday

The day after any Bears game is an "off" day for me, in that chances are I'm not going to get much work done because I'm tired and probably a little mentally foggy. I do what I can, but I usually watch the game which I always record and try to get ready for work on Tuesday. When you work for yourself you have that luxury.

But when it's a Bears WIN, thennnnnn you can count on me doing even less than normal! That's what I'm faced with today as the Bears crushed the 6-2 Lions 37-13. The Lions humiliated us on a Monday night game in Detroit as our team self-destructed.....well, so maybe we humiliated ourselves. Anyway, this game was moved from noon to 3:15 local time to accommodate a national audience so it was great to get some revenge. The Bears had 6 takeaways including two interceptions returned for touchdowns and a punt return for a touchdown.

The Bears are now 6-3 and are headed for the playoffs, though obviously that's not for sure yet. The Lions are 6-3 and we hold several tie-breakers over them already, though it won't be necessary as the Lions have at least 3 losses lined up in their much harder second half of the season, while the Bears have 1 or maybe 2 losses left on their schedule.

If you remember two weeks ago, I wrote that we needed to win 2 of the next 3 games and we have won the first two. Next week we play San Diego as part of four in a row against the AFC West, where we should go at least 3-1 if not 4-0. That puts us at 10-3 or 9-4, not too shabby.

Even though the game was at 3:15, I got to the parking lot by 11:00 and had some food prep work to do before I left as well as loading the car by myself, so I was up at 7 a.m. That was a problem because I was drinking the night before with my buddy Andy (aka Sausage) at a local establishment as we watched the big fight which meant that I didn't get to bed until 12:30 and then had that bad quality drunk sleep for 6 1/2 hours. Last night I made up for it though by sleeping for 10 hours!!

Finally, just so I can publicly go on record as saying this, Tillman had a great game for the Bears yesterday. I've called him overrated and "not able to cover my mother" and numbers expletives, but he was up against one of the best receivers in football and he kept him under wraps. Nicely done.

3 comments:

alexis said...

Is there a also a football team called the Tigers? Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Not Tigers per se, but there is the Bengals (as in Bengal Tiger). Close. Of course there is also the Jaguars and Panthers though.

el supremo de nm said...

I for one was very happy to see the Bears do such a thorough job. Don't like the Detroit coach.