Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Friends and Resolutions.

As we approach the holiday season, I urge those of you who make New Year's resolutions to consider making them before Thanksgiving. Now, I'm not a big fan of New Year's resolutions as I think you should make improvements whenever you think of them during the year, but if you ARE a person who makes New Year's resolutions then why not get a 45 day head start on them? You can thank me in mid-January.

Over the last few days I've been thinking about what a good time it is in my life. Not only do I have a lovely bride, but I have a shit-load of awesome friends. In fact, we can't even hook up with all the great people we know as often as we like. For instance, LL couldn't make the Bears game on Sunday due to her training for work. In her place I invited my buddy Mokena Terry, of Memorial Day party fame. We had a great time!! But it reminded me that I'd really like to see Terry and his wife Sandi, more often. We actually tried another time, but they had a wedding to attend. On Saturday, while LL was in training, I went over to our friends John and Carol who have a six week old baby. We've had a baby gift for them from before our wedding, but have only saw them once, at softball, and didn't know that Carol and their baby was going to be there. It was a nice 2 hour visit which included Jack's first...um....poop... in two days, so it was quite the event. Anyway, it seems like we have a bunch of couples we'd love to hook up with more often that we do which is great but also unfortunate.

2 comments:

alexis said...

Awww, it's great that you are appreciative of what you have in life. I thank the powers that be every morning I hop into the shower and get warm, wonderful water spouting out at me.

I don't do resolutions, but I kinda like the idea of trying to self improve a bit each year.

terri said...

It shouldn't be so hard to connect with friends, but it always is. Mark and I have an even harder time than most people probably do, just because he works every other weekend. Can't tell you how tired I get of responding to invites with, "We can't. Mark is working." BUT... we are lucky that he has a secure position that helps keep us comfortable, fed and warm.

I'm not much for resolutions, but have been thinking lately that I could put forth a little more effort toward those around me... friends, family and coworkers. Just things like letting them know I'm thinking of them, or making time for a visit or phone call. So that is something I've been mulling over. Maybe I should think of it in terms of a resolution and maybe will have more success with it.