Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Another Solid Ribbing Experience

Tonight I cooked the second set of ribs I bought when my local grocer had a buy-one-get-one-free coupon. Once again they were delicious!! The rub I've used since my first set of ribs continues to be tasty and work well. It has staying power.

So have you been reading about these 33 Chilean miners that are trapped 2,300 feet below the surface? It's incredible and you KNOW there's going to be a book and a movie about it. These guys are in a small room, with limited food and water and air being blown through three small four inch diameter holes. They've been there for almost a month and it's going to be up to four more months before a large enough hole can be drilled to haul them out. Some of them are going through nicotine withdrawal, so they are being sent the patch. No bean dishes though....they are trying to restrict internal gas issues. Seriously!!!

Anyway, they'll be down there for 5 months. FIVE MONTHS!! Holy crap. That's a long freaking time to be under ground.

Finally, not sure if you saw this story, but it sounds like something that could happen to me. Actually, I'm pretty careful NOT to hit rocks, but sometimes there are sparks on the tee box when I use my driver. Again, seriously!! The type of metal alloy in my driver combined with my swing speed and sand (I think) mixed in with the grass, causes some sparks. You can see them mostly in the evening when it's a little darker out. I haven't started any forest fires yet though!!

1 comment:

el supremo de nm said...

When I read about it being 5 months, I was stunned. One hopes they can hold out and stay in good spirits for that long.