Monday, August 16, 2010

It's NYC time!

But first, two pictures of Lake Wallenpaupack:





Not the greatest pictures, but you get the idea: it's a good sized lake.











One final note, Joisey Ken called me this morning to tell me about one final event at the lake. After seeing some odd looking scat in the yard (not deer or dog) and surmising it might be a black bear, Ken actually saw and videotaped a black bear in the yard!!! If I get the video, I'll post it.









A picture of NY I believe as we're crossing a bridge.









So this is the show we saw on Friday, which we were able to do because 1) Ken drove us back to NYC 2) we had early check-in at the hotel which they actually honored 3) I knew that we didn't have to wait in the huge line in Time Square for discounted tickets. There's another location in south eastern Manhattan, just a short train ride away, so it took us less than 45 minutes or so to get discounted tickets. Sweet.






Some pics from the theater.












It was a little more intimate than many theaters including the one we visited on Saturday.











Yes that's right, we saw another show on Saturday! LL was a good sport about spending five days with my buddy and his wife, so it's the least I could do.
















The curtain call at Promises, Promises. Sean Hayes and Kristin Chenoweth are in there somewhere.










Though I got warned about taking pictures before the show (me specifically because I wanted to take a picture of this magnificent chandelier), the picture nazis must have left by intermission as pictures then and later were fine.

When we left on Sunday morning, our cabbie offered us a ride to Laguardia for $25 cash and he wouldn't run the meter. Done and done!! I'm pretty sure we came out ahead.

3 comments:

alexis said...

cooking, enjoying wine... and now theatre. hmmmmm ;)

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I don't like what you're implying Alexis.

el supremo de nm said...

Ya Alexis he is so converted to the dark side...he might as well renounce his US citizenship and move to France.