Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sign Language

So Joisey Ken has a baby girl who is 16 months old (I think, maybe 18 months). Anyway, she can say various words and seems very bright. While Ken and I were golfing, the gals took her shopping and on the way said they would get ice cream afterwards. When they got back into the car, the youngster said, "Ice cream?" How freaking cute is that??

Ok, I just realized I've referenced their daughter by her name several times already in my blog, so I'll stop avoiding typing "Stella". Not sure why I felt the need for secrecy all of the sudden, but I didn't want to offer up the information. Anyway, I think it's fine now, but if it's not Joisey Ken will send a squad after me I'm sure.

Stella happens to know sign language, of sorts. She can communicate with gestures using her hands if she: wants a bath, wants to sleep, wants a drink, wants more....and I'm sure some other things too. What a smart kid!!!

3 comments:

alexis said...

wow, indeed, speaking at that young an age in any language is impressive!

Joisey Ken said...

We had a great time with you guys, hopefully we can make it an annual event :-) Stella is 16 mos old.

terri said...

Kids seem so much smarter these days, but maybe that's because the world is starting to figure out that they are not adorable little morons.