Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A busy day

Today was one of those just crazy days from the get go. Even though I got up at 7:30, I still couldn't get into the office before 10. There was just too much going on at home to get there as early as I'd like, everything from resetting a rat trap (an entry for another day) to packing my lunch to getting my softball gear to the car. BUT, I finally made it to the office and spent some time with Ricardo. Since my shoulder surgery, I haven't been going in as often because Ricardo was working at a client often and I had rehab 2-3 days a week. Now that he's on a more regular schedule and my schedule is getting normalized, I'm going to try and get in there more often.

After the office, I headed to Naperville to see my folks, then to softball practice in Westchester from 7-9:30. We have a tournament in Potterville, MI this weekend and the practice was pretty good for getting a bunch of reps in. Hopefully we're ready!!

Getting old is tough. My niece is getting older. In fact, she just turned 11. Did I remember her birthday? Nope. Nice. What a great uncle. Ugh. In my defense, I thought it was in September as opposed to August. The day was right, but the month was off. Now do I make up for it by getting her something BETTER than I would otherwise, or since it's late and it's already special by being the only gift she'll receive that day, do I just go for the same level of gift? Interesting thought.

Finally, I had a meeting at my church on Tuesday and took these pictures prior to mass after my meeting:



The donor plaques for our church restoration are finally up!! There are four of them, two on each wall at the main entrance.












And there I am! Whoopee!! Kind of cool to be able to see my name there for all time as someone who contributed to the great renovation work done in the last 5-6 years.

2 comments:

alexis said...

I think if you only forgot by a month you are doing very well in the bday department. In my family we generally forget completely.

el supremo de nm said...

Seems like you could have added a few more letters and names to make yourself look more impressive. Like Joseph Artemis Sutton, III or something.