Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Much Shorter Entry Today

....still related to this weekend though. Yes, I had some not-very-good-for-me food this weekend, mostly due to the sodium content. Sunday evening it actually started to impact me as I was feeling a little....uneven. Not dizzy, but not right. Plus my ear was ringing like crazy. All is back to normal, or close to it, today though and I'm even down 2 pounds below my drivers license weight! Three more pounds and I'll be where I feel I should be all the time, which would be 15 pounds lighter than in March (or February, I'm not sure).

When you play softball, the guys rip on each other for all sorts of things. If you consistently get hurt, you're "made of glass" or suffer from "vaginitus" and it only gets worse from there. Sometimes it's pretty funny stuff. Saturday during batting practice, after our tour of Troy, I came up with a pretty funny remark that stopped the BP session while everyone enjoyed a good laugh. From my pictures yesterday (I think), you could see that Troy has quite a few mobile homes, which is an oxymoron in my mind because they really aren't mobile at all without a whole lot of effort. They are MORE mobile than a real house, but not by much.

Anyway, I picked out a guy on the team who has a good job and wouldn't be considered to be white trash by most people I think and said, "Hey Jimmy. You're white trash; how much does one of these mobile homes go for?" Just out of the blue. While someone else was hitting. It was pretty damn funny. Jimmy took it in stride. Later on that evening, Benny Baseball asked me where I got my Bears shorts because he likes all things Bears. I responded Sports Authority and somehow he mentioned Walmart. To which I replied, "I can't shop at Walmart because I might run into Jimmy."

Good times even while getting crushed in softball.

2 comments:

terri said...

Well, I'm kinda feeling sorry for Jimmy! Sounds like he took all the ribbing this weekend!

alexis said...

I imagine when you got your license you were eating even more sodium than you did this weekend. It's great that something you can easily control has such a huge improvement on your well being.