Friday, July 16, 2010

World Wide Weather

So far we're experiencing the 10th hottest July on record in Chicago. It feels like it, but as always, it's the humidity more than the heat. But you'll hear no complaints from me. Unlike many of my Chicagoland brethren, I remember the weather in January and February and will take these days over those days anytime. Snow sucks!

The British Open is going on and invariably I get the question from friends who know I golf whether I've ever gone over there on vacation. Here's the thing: the weather in England and Ireland sucks. Some people can go over there and get decent weather for their week-long stay, but there are certainly no guarantees. Yesterday morning, it was relatively nice over there at St. Andrews Golf Club and then in the afternoon the wind picked up and the temperature dropped 10 degrees. Today it's been blowing at 30-40 MPH and everyone has on coats and knit hats. Plus it's rained so much that there is standing water on the course. What the hell is appealing about that? No thank you.

2 comments:

terri said...

I completely agree with you about this hot and humid weather. It doesn't really affect driving, and I don't have to put layer upon layer of clothing on. And I don't have to wear socks almost ever. I'll take this any day over winter.

alexis said...

I also am not complaining about our little heat wave in A'dam. I had a friend who lived in St Andrews and yeah, the weather is not too nice.