Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Pictures as promised

Pictures from my trip to: my folks, Higgins Lake and Mackinac.


This is a birch tree in my parents back yard. Look at the work the woodpeckers are doing!!
















Here are some pictures of deer that were MUCH closer to my car than the pictures would indicate. There were three in all, but the third one dashed out after I started to drive off.





































I saw the deer right outside where I dropped off LL with her parents at Higgins Lake. Here's our picture on the swing chair at Higgins.






It's Turtle Fest!! Turtles I saw on the golf course at Treetops...one of my favorite places to play. The turtle is in the water on the first picture, a big one, just above the stick in the water. The other guys are sunning themselves on the branch.























An interesting sight on my way to Treetops: the 45th parallel! Halfway between the equator and the north pole.

















The puzzle-picture/surprise notice that the anniversary was going to be on Mackinac and that we all were leaving the next morning!







Here's St. Anne's church on the island. The last of the triptych is an outdoor stations of the cross. Pretty cool.































Ok, I can't move OR remove this picture of LL and I. Not sure why, but blogspot crashes when I try to do anything with it.












At the hotel, Mission Point Resort, our bell hop, Curtis, gave me a lift down the hallway on the dolly. Ha!


















Here's the "real" anniversary dinner in a private room at the hotel. Very nicely decorated.










Views from the veranda of the hotel. Also, there are two huge tankers that look like they are going to collide!!















A narrow miss!











And here are some fireworks shots from the display on the island. We were also able to see the fireworks from Mackinac City, which were pretty damn awesome by the way.

















3 comments:

alexis said...

WOW - both of those pictures with you and your lady - stunning. Get thee to a frame shop, man! Looks like a fantastic trip.

terri said...

These are great pictures! Looks like you had a lot of fun! The pictures of you and LL are really sweet. Your nickname of LL is very appropriate. She's beautiful!

p.s. Tried your broccoli recipe for dinner tonight and loved it! So did Brad. He said, "This is so much better than when you cook broccoli and you can pretty much gum it instead of chewing it!"

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Well thank you both for the compliments. I'll pass them along!

Glad you liked the broccoli recipe Terri! We love it, so I was confident in passing it along. Lots of iron too!!!