Friday, July 23, 2010

Ok, pictures aren't really aplenty.

Yesterday I went golfing as I mentioned I would on Wednesday. The day started at 5:30 a.m. and ended when I got home just before 1 a.m. It was quite the day. For pictures, check out this entry I made in August last year. The pictures would have pretty much been the same, except Principal Chris was wearing a blue shirt this year, the same shirt I was wearing in fact! We bought matching TPC at Deere Run shirts last year and wore them this year.

We ended up playing 36 holes, which makes for a long day. The first 18 were fine, but warm so we took a quick shower to cool down in the nice locker rooms in the clubhouse and I changed my sweaty under garments. Fortunately I had packed two changes of clothes in case we had sporadic rain and I wanted to change before the second 18. The rain held off, but it was warm. Then the wind kicked up for our second 18, which changed our club selection and ball flight, essentially making it a different course!

After cleaning up again, we headed to Jim's Ribs in Rock Island. While the ribs were good, I feel like the ribs I made the other day were better! Interesting. Afterwards we hit Whitey's for ice cream and then headed home. It was a long, but fun day.

Rest day on Friday and a small softball tournament on Saturday before going out for dinner and bowling with some of LL's friends on Saturday night in the burbs. Should be another fun day!

2 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

Your progression as a cook continues when you start realizing you can make things better than a lot of restaurants can.

terri said...

I actually wondered how you would feel about the restaurant ribs after you'd described the ones you had made.

Hope your weekend was as fun as you anticipated.