Thursday, July 08, 2010

The Band is Back Together

Here's one last picture from Mackinac Island.


I just loved that "Gifts" is in quotes. Inside the store? Future garage sale items, so the sign is appropriate.









I received a call yesterday around 6:30 or so from my buddy Naperville Greg (husband of Kleveland Kim) saying that their band's drummer was in town so they decided to have a jam session at a rented studio. The band, Humpback Wail, broke up about 4 years ago, so it's been a while since they've played together, but it was just like old times when they were playing. I've never been a huge fan of live, original music, but I grew up with two of the guys in the band so it makes a difference for me. Anyway, LL and I soaked them up for 90 minutes or so and enjoyed them. Maybe they'll get back together permanently!!


2 comments:

terri said...

I usually enjoy local live music. But a couple weeks ago, I went out with a friend to see her friend's new band. (He's been in at least one other band that I know of.) Anyway, this new band just seemed like a group of aging rockers trying to hang onto their cool, when it's clear to everyone else that those days are gone. The music was okay, but I was distracted by the potbellies and long, stringy hair.

el supremo de nm said...

Does the 'Gifts' in quotes mean - you'd have to be cheap or stupid to think these were gifts.

No wonder the band broke up - humpback whales are nearing extinction.