Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A long night and day

Last night we had our usual 8:30 and 9:30 games in Arlington Heights, this time against our rival Amish Mafia (yeah, I like their name too). After being up 17-5, we eked out an 18-16 win. In game two, it was much closer during the game, but we pulled that one out 12-11 or something like that, another close game. As it turns out, they only needed to beat us one game to take 2nd place in the second half of our league play. We needed to beat them twice to take 2nd and $200!! Sweet.

Even though I was on my way home at 11:15, I didn't get home until almost midnight and still had to shower and unwind before bed. Ugh. Revelry was at 6:30, so a little more than 5 hours of sleep is all I got.

At 8:00 I picked up ESDNM and only then realized that the destination for our 9:00 meeting was only 15 minutes away. Ugh again. I could have had another 30 minutes of sleep and that would have made a big difference.

The meetings during the day went well and we finished the day off with drinks and a meeting at Wilde (a bar new to me but only a few blocks away) and then dinner at The Counter, where you can build your own hamburger. My choice was only 1/3rd pound (you could do 2/3rds or a full pound) on a pretzel bun, with Danish blue cheese, applewood smoked bacon, pickles, grilled onions and roasted red peppers. ESDNM brings out the worst in my gastronomically speaking.

4 comments:

alexis said...

I dunno, I don't like beef but that sounds pretty good to me!

Eric H. said...

pretty sure you meant "reveille", not revelry, but it did give me a chuckle.

"COME ON JOE, TIME TO WAKE UP AND PARTY!!!!!!!".

Kim and I refer to Wilde's as "the neighborhood pub", since it's right at the end of our block. Nice selection of craft beers, I just wish they rotated them more often.

terri said...

You sound like you do alright on too little sleep. I manage to get through the work day alright, but no one wants to get in my way once I get home.

Your burger sounds delicious!

And if you want to wake up to "revelry", it's okay by me. I didn't even catch that that was off until I read Eric's comment. :-)

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

It was impossible to figure out how to spell "reveille"!! Actually, I didn't put that much effort into it and thought it was a bit odd, but that it must be the right spelling. Thanks Eric!

Terri, I HAD to power through on little sleep, but I don't do well in that situation. If I could have taken a nap, I would have been all over it!!