Monday, July 26, 2010

Now that's interesting....

Today was a super busy day as I had to drop my car off to get the oil and transmission fluid changed, plus I wanted my guy to look at the rotor on the wheel that had the flat since the car rolled forward on it. The rotor and everything is fine and the work was done without a hitch, but getting there and back takes some time as I have a 6 block walk or so to the train and then have another 3-4 blocks from the train to the shop.

Being busy did not deter me from getting a good workout in though. I ended up doing 14 different exercises as it turned out. Tomorrow I'm going to run and then have softball late at night. That's going to be tough since I have to get up early on Wednesday with ESDNM in town. Wednesday is going to be a lonnnnngggg day I fear.

Today was so busy, I forgot about dinner completely until about 4:00 when I was at the gym. Doh! What could I make? Well, LL and I both really liked that rub recipe so I could try that on some chicken...maybe buy some broccoli tops....have a salad.....and have pita and hummus for an appetizer. Just like that I had dinner planned and was ready to go!! It's so nice to have a quiver full of ideas... or at least partially full, where I'm confident enough to make certain dishes with regularity. The rub and chicken turned out great as did the whole meal!!

This rub is so good, I'm sharing it with you. I've tried it on ribs, pork and chicken now and it tastes great on all of them. It just seems like something I shouldn't keep to myself, so the more the merrier! Hopefully you have a great meal because of it too.

2 comments:

alexis said...

there is nothing like being in a relationship for sharpening your culinary skills

terri said...

Being busy seemed to work well for me in the workout department too. I really, REALLY did not want to go run last night. I was so wiped out. But I did it and had the best run I've had in weeks. Go figure.