Sunday, July 25, 2010

Rain, rain go away.

Boy oh boy did we have some torrential rain on Friday night and Saturday morning. Yowza. Fortunately no flooding in my building, but many people in the Chicago area had flooding in their basements and in general had a clean-up weekend. Ugh.

For me though, the biggest problem was that it caused me to miss softball on Saturday. Our tournament, which was to start at 9, didn't start until 2 and I could only play in the morning as LL and I had plans in the burbs with some friends of hers. So I was up at 6 a.m. on Saturday and showered before I saw the text messages saying the tournament was delayed. Back to bed for me!!

Saturday night we went to Oak Brook and had dinner at Uncle Julio's Mexican Restaurant. They had great margaritas and ok food. Afterwards we went bowling! Yes, bowling. It was fun even though I bowled like crap. The first game was about 40 pins below my pre-surgery average and my second game was 50-60 points below (I was so disgusted I didn't even know what my final score was!). Good times cheering for each other though.

Sunday was just a gorgeous day and I chillaxed the whole day until it was time to go play in a 40 and over game in the burbs. After my miserable performance last Sunday, I was anxious to redeem myself. This time there was no blown tire, so I went 3-5 (my two outs were one great diving catch by their CF and the other I tried to jack and just missed hitting it solid), caught a liner and turned a double play. After singling in my last at bat, I tagged up on a short fly and made it to second and then did the same with third on another short fly. I scored easily on a short single.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

1 comment:

alexis said...

where is El Julios? I can't say the name inspires much in me... :P