Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Finally some pictures

Today I was surprised with an early call from the Goodyear dealership where I was getting my new tire installed. The tire was there and was ready to be installed whenever I could make it. Great! Since I had softball in the burbs tonight I wanted to make sure I had the new tire installed, not because I don't trust my spare, but because I didn't have a spare while I was USING the spare.

It's all good now though. The dealer even replaced the spare in the trunk where it should be with all of the tools replaced. Nice! When I got home, I got onto the IDOT (Illinois Department of Transportation) site and found out how to get a claim form. Yes, that's right, I'm making the State pay for my damn tire. I pay taxes, a lot of taxes, in part to drive on nice roads, not have the roads rip a three inch hole in my tire. We'll see how far I get.

The other day while walking to Starbucks, I took these pictures which I thought were hysterical:




The fender on this car is being supported by red duct tape. Somehow it's actually working!

















As I walked by the car, I realized it had a Club on the steering wheel. Seriously?? Who the hell is going to steal a car with a fender attached by tape? It made me smile.

2 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

Sorry I'm a bit late with comments - Blogger wouldn't accept mine on Monday. The whole tire thing sounds like a total bitch.

terri said...

Nice job on the part of the dealership! Did you let them know you thought they did a great job?

Hope you get somewhere with your claim. I know that here in MN, if you get a flat tire due to a pot hole, the state will NOT pay for it. It's policy.

The duct taped car is funny! I saw something similar at Quiznos after one of Kacey's ball games. The entire front bumper was taped together and held on with duct tape, but it had been spray painted to match the car and you almost couldn't tell it was there until you looked really close. It's a whole new use for duct tape!