Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The calm before the storm

Today was another busy day, but this time because of work. Lots of things to do in preparation of ESDNM showing up tomorrow: scheduling meetings, printing documents, creating agendas. There was also some client work that I had to get done and mail out to banks in hopes of getting some proposals. Busy, busy, busy.

But I have some pictures!!



Clean hands save lives!! This bathroom message speaks the truth, especially if you work in a hospital or food service. Since it was posted in a Marshall's department store though, I'm thinking it might be a little alarmist.












This trailer is parked semi-permanently on Cub's property outside of Wrigley. It prominently features three players: Carlos Zambrano, Kosuke Fukadome and Derrick Lee. Zambrano is a huge disappointment, not earning even half of his $18 million a year contract and was just forced to go through anger management training. Fukadome is a thorn in the side of the team with his paltry on base percentage combined with his lack of power and bloated salary. The team would love to unload him, but there are no takers. Lee has fallen off the edge of the planet this year in every offensive category. He was likely considered trade-bait, but there were no takers for him either. Nice marketing.

3 comments:

terri said...

I can't read the clean hands sign, 'cause I'm reading on my notebook and the picture didn't enlarge when I clicked it. I'll have to take your word for it.

Can't say I'm a huge baseball fan, but I did watch the Twins play Kansas City last night and slaughter them. Can the guys on that trailer be any worse than that?

el supremo de nm said...

Just is so emblematic of the Cubs. Even their promo trailer is a failure.

See you tomorrow.

alexis said...

dad stole the words right out of my mouth