Monday, March 22, 2010

Switzerland (at least some of it)

Sooo much to talk about related to Switzerland, or at least Geneva. Many, many pictures to come later on Tuesday after I have some time to put them together.

Most of you already know that today was my birthday, my second golden birthday. I was born on the 22nd, so my 22nd birthday was my first golden birthday. I figure turning 44 was twice the number so twice as good, right? And it totally was! LL got me great birthday gifts including a Patrick Kane Olympic hockey jersey. Sweet! Then it was off to the Field Museum of Natural History. It's been a long time since I was there and really enjoyed the Lions of Tsavo (saw the movie), Sue, a new diamond exhibit and a 3-D dinosaur movie. Awesome.

The night was topped off with dinner at Sappori, a great little Italian place which is owned and operated by chef Anthony. Not only was the food just absolutely outstanding (possibly the best grilled calamari in the city, though I think Erie Street Cafe might still be better), but he gave us a wonderful bread pudding desert and glasses of Champaign. Very nice touch. Yay for me!!!

4 comments:

alexis said...

happy bday Joe! When did you get back?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Got back on Sunday afternoon, which was almost midnight in Switzerland. We had to stay up until what was 4 a.m. in Switzerland before going to bed. We were exhausted!

terri said...

Happy Birthday! What a great way to celebrate!

el supremo de nm said...

And I maintained my perfect record of never remembering anyone's birthday.