Monday, March 15, 2010

The Journey of a Thousand Miles

As you know, it's been three months since I've been able to work out regularly and I've just recently started up again. After a few successful trips on the elliptical machine, today I decided to hit the tread mill for the first time. The results were not great, but I'm happy to have tried it. It'll be a tough road to hoe, but it starts with that first step, right? The weight lifting is coming along as well. It's kind of funny when I was doing bicep curls at weights much lower than I'm used to doing. My right arm would require a bit of effort while my left arm would just snap the weight up and almost go back through my shoulder. It kept asking for more weight and more challenge, but I have to work it the way I work my right arm, otherwise I could end up like a lopsided Popeye.

So the big flight to Switzerland is Tuesday night! Very excited. It's 8 1/2 hours, but the seats on my Swiss Air flight are 2-3-2 and I have a window seat. The seat also has it's own screen for movies. And there's dinner and breakfast served. Nice! Basically I wake up in Zurich, go through the airport and take another flight to Geneva which is only like 30 minutes in the air or something silly. Wednesday and Thursday the weather should be nice, but Friday and Saturday the outlook is for rain. I'm sure we'll find something to do regardless, but I'm taking an umbrella with me!!

4 comments:

alexis said...

hahahaha - oh Joe, you are so optimistic about the flight. I remember the days when food alone would do it.

My bet on dinner : chicken or pasta

DogBrian said...

Very exciting! Have fun! Safe travels and if you take the umbrella, it might not rain at all!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I actually KNOW already Alexis! It's some kind of beef or pasta. No word on whether they are good or not. I'm used to Southwest where it's peanuts or crackers. But I'm most excited about having only one neighbor, my own screen and to be able to sleep and wake up there!

el supremo de nm said...

Don't like the window on those long flights because I pee a lot. Gotta crawl over them constantly.